The spirit of the college has been encapsulated in its emblem, which has 6 distinct elements.
- The Cross and anchor signify the Holy Cross identity of the College.
- The symbol of the heart and the book with the burning flame above with its bright red rays signify the Holy Cross charism of ‘educating the heart and the mind’.
- The Latin words ‘’Ad Deum Gloria’’ which is translated as ‘To God be Glory’ signify the goal of education namely making students fully alive as human persons since “the Glory of God is human fully alive” (St.Irenius, St.Augustine) emphasizing the commitment of the institution to academic excellence and to form persons of character.
- The motto, ‘Manavanama vikasaya samagrahayam sikha’which is translated as ‘Holistic education for human enhancement’ captures the focus of the College.
- The bamboo signifies the hills and the hills people of the northeast and the paddy represents the plains and the plains people of northeast India.