Has the institute established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)? If ‘yes’, what is the institution’s policy with regard to quality assurance and how has it contributed in institutionalizing the quality assurance processes?
- The College established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell on 06/07/2015 as per NAAC Guidelines.
- The IQAC has 10 members including a parent representative, and a local society representative. The Principal is the Chairman and Dr. Pankaj Chakraborty, Academic Dean is the Coordinator.
Some of the programmes of the Cell include the following:
Students’ Feedback and Evaluation:
- Feedback from all students is collected every year.
- Students are given a set of scientifically prepared questionnaires.
- These questionnaires include feedback about teacher‘s performance as well as about the institution and curriculum.
- The data about the teacher performance is processed and the results are shared with the teachers confidentially.
- The feedback is discussed in the meeting of IQAC and necessary actions are taken without delay.
Orientation on SS
- An orientation programme is conducted for students of First Semester about the newly introduced Semester System of Tripura University (A Central University) as well as about the details of open courses offered in the College.
- The new system of grading and evaluation is also illustrated to the students. Re-certification by ISO
- The college was recertified for ISO quality certification. Audit was done by the competent person in August 2016.
NAAC sponsored Workshop
- The Principal, IQAC Coordinator and a member of IQAC attended a NAAC sponsored work shop on academic audit at Assam Don Bosco University from October 14th and 15th, 2016.
- The IQAC Coordinator attended a NAAC Sponsored workshop on ‘Bench marking’ at Christ University, Bengaluru from November 22-24, 2016.
Internal/External Academic Audit
- The IQAC conducted one internal academic audit in November 2016.
- Monthly meetings to monitor quality enhancement and sustenance.
- The audit team visits all teaching departments, library, computer lab, food court and faculty room.
- A detailed report of the observations and recommendations is given to all departments with a view to assist them in their initiatives to improve performance and quality.
- IQAC has made plans to do the external audit in the month of August 2017 for assessing the performance of the college.
Following is a list of other major activities that have been initiated by IQAC:
- Making every class room as smart classrooms.
- Wifi facilities to the students and staff.
- Modernized and up to date computer lab.
- Equipping the science labs.
- Bulk SMS system for effective communication with students and stakeholders.
- A ‘College app’ has been prepared to improve communication.
How does IQAC contribute to improve the teaching –learning process?
- IQAC conducts meetings with the students to collect the feedback about Teaching Faculty, College and library and other activities at the campus.
- IQAC initiates steps to arrange ‘smart classes’ for every department.
- Each department is assigned a class for library every day.
- College library is computerized.
- Regular feed backs are collected from the students and stake holders.
- HoDs meetings are conducted to evaluate and plan for the improvement of the teaching learning process.
- The IQAC ensures the internal quality in the institution. The College administration as well as the IQAC works hand in hand to ensure the best in the institution. The IQAC also takes into consideration the local community representative and their suggestions.
- The College focuses on effective quality management system through IQAC. The administration as well as the IQAC work hand in hand to ensure the best in the institution. The IQAC also takes into consideration the local community representatives and their suggestions.
Does the IQAC have external members on its committees? If so, mention any significant contribution made by them.
- Yes, we have two external members (Shri Hiralal Chakraborty and Shri Santi Debbarma) in the committee.
- One of the external members serves in the Managing Committee of the College and gives valuable suggestions for the growth and development of the college.
- The external member played a crucial role in installing two scholarship schemes for the students.